Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day #2

Hey everyone..been a while... got really busy but I can't pass on today!
As it is now a tradition on father's day week-end, I participated in the 2nd edition of the Tour du Courage, a 2 day, 3 stage cycling event to raise fund for prostate cancer.
Again this year I made the trip with my beautiful (and of course smarty pants) freshly 2 year old baby girl to grand papa and grand maman for the week-end. This is a real treat for me as I see my mom and dad but as well watch them ( and them watching over) Miss O.(merci papa, merci maman)

This year Mel did not made the trip as she was overloaded with report cards and as well as a well deserved rest. Sometimes you get so caught up in life and routines that you don't realize how quick and how much time has passed and how much you have been holding your breath pushing constantly.
Maman was a little bit apprehensive being away a whole week-end without her little soulmate her 1st time since being a full time maman, but it was well deserve. (even if she called me as we where halfway to Hawksbury to come back and pick her up!)

I still have a really hard time explaining to people and share the way I feel about my baby girl. The joy she brings to my life every single moments. Watching the connection she shares with maman is the most beautiful thing I have never seen and anything I have ever experienced.

Now it is more and more difficult to be away as everyday she has something new in store for us. They say terrible two's, for her I think it's terribly 2's.
Sometimes I just feel she wants to grow up so fast, every day I am excited about the next day, but already missing the previous.

I know people say having kids changes life, for me Olivia enriched it.
je t'aime
Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment